The Technical Associate will report directly to the VP Product Research & Development and will be responsible for providing technical support primarily to the sales team and customers. This position will also be expected to support the production plants and overall quality control system. The successful candidate will be a results-driven, motivated problem solver with excellent organization, time management, and decision-making skills.
- Solve technical issues or concerns with existing products at production plants and customer sites as required.
- Develop and implement new products including creating new TDS, item number, BOM and testing high temperature properties.
- Recommend product formulae to meet or exceed customer expectations (Product Quality Assurance).
- Review manufacturing techniques/processes to ensure proper application of raw materials.
- Assist Sales with RFQ system (for Product Development Process).
- Provide product design/application training to Sales or Technical teams when needed.
- Update sales & plant production teams regularly on status of customer requirements to ensure accurate flow of information.
- Communicate with internal departments as needed; Sales, Quality, Operations, Technical, Purchasing, Finance, Health and Safety, IT
- Travel to various locations within Canada and US to support production processes, observe applications and conduct trials at customer plants.
- Provide and present periodic customer process reports at customer locations.
- Analyze performance data from trials, evaluate mode of failure, and improve products accordingly to meet customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Chemical, Metallurgical or Materials Science Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role or educational equivalent
- Experience working within steel industry an asset
- Proficient in using Microsoft excel
- Experience using Python an asset
- Strong computer literacy skills required
LOCATION: New Kensington, Pennsylvania